Monday, April 4, 2011

Road trip!!! 11.2010

At the beginning of November, while I was still on maternity leave, I decide to road trip to Dallas with the girls for a few days (just me and the girls) to visit the family.  Hannah was only 2 months old at the time.  Everything worked out great but thinking about doing that now just sounds crazy.  We left on a Thursday and drove to Dallas to stay with my mom for one night. 

From there, we drove to East Texas to see my Mamaw.  I realized now looking back at the pictures, I didn't get any pictures of the girls with her.  I could have sworn I did but I still wasn't getting much sleep at that time and I could only find one picture from the 2 days we were there?!?!  We had a blast though.  Hailey loved Mamaw's!!!  Mamaw gave her cookies anytime she asked and she practically has a zoo on her back porch, (at least for a 2 yr old it was).  There were more deer than we could count, a family of red foxes and countless squirrels.  Funny story about that.  We were there opening weekend for deer season.  Since all the girls were gone, Stephen went hunting with some buddies.  When I talked to him and asked how things were going, he said they hadn't even seen any deer!!!  We couldn't turn around without seeing one!!! Ha! Such is life!!  Anyways, we had a great time visiting everyone.  We also got to see my Aunts and Uncles while we were there.  We unfortunately don't get to see the now dubbed "East Texas crew" enough. 



On Sunday, we loaded up and headed to good 'ol Flower Mound to see my brother and his family.  Hailey is at the age now where she can actually play with her cousins.  She loved it.  Her and Luke were hilarious together.  They were little trouble makers too.  They some how managed to climb onto my brother and sister-in-laws bed that easily stands a foot over Hailey's head, by themselves, and proceeded to jump.  She must not remember what happened to the 5 Little Monkeys! 


After I put Hannah to bed, we went outside for some smores.  Hailey wasn't a big fan of the marshmallow but she was all about the graham cracks and chocolate!!!  Kaylee was a sweetheart and helped Hailey roast her marshmallow...for me.

Headed home.
We had a great time!!!  It was so good to see everyone!!! 

No comments: