Thursday, April 14, 2011

It snowed in Austin!!! 2.4.11

 It actually snowed in Austin.  It was crazy.  I grew up in Dallas and it only snowed a handful of times while I lived there but I can only count one hand how many times in close to 15 years that it's snowed in Central Texas.  Of course this happened the same week that Stephen was out of town all week for training AND both girls and I had croup!!!  Good times, let me just tell ya.  Thank God my mother-in-law was able to come help.  Hannah still wasn't sleeping through the night so I wasn't able to get to rest so I could get over the funk.  Hannah had to do breathing treatments!  It was just no fun but we made it through it.  The day it snowed was a Friday which worked out great cause I got a three day weekend.  We never had to leave the house.



 Once I laid Hannah down for her morning nap, I asked Hailey if she wanted to go see the snow.  She was all excited.  We bundled up and out to the back yard we went.  Well, once we got out there...she was less than impressed.  She just stood there and stared.  She wanted nothing to do with the snow.  After, oh maybe a minute or two, she asked if we could go back inside.  It made me a little sad since who knows when the next time this will happen again in Austin but oh well. 
This picture was taken earlier that week on I think the only day the girls went to school. 
Hannah getting a breathing treatment.  Doesn't this just break your heart!!!  I know a lot of people who own nebulizers because their kids need breathing treatments all the time but this was a 1st for us AND Daddy was out of town.  Thankfully, Hailey has never had to use one before.

No comments: