Monday, July 26, 2010

Pre-birthday party fun

Hailey's birthday party wasn't until late on Saturday afternoon, 3:00 pm.  So we decide to let her open the presents from us, Grandmom and Grandmother before her party.  I'm all about getting as many miles as possible for birthdays!  After chocolate chip pancakes, we opened presents. 

Grandmom helping open presents.
She got the hang of it, no problem.
As some of you may remember a previous post regarding Hailey's love for shoes, we got her a box of 6 pairs of dress up shoes.  All of which were mini high heals!  She loved them.  She was a little wobbly at first but got the hang of it.  Here she is playing with her new coloring thing-a-ma-gig, wearing her new shoes.
Deciding which ones she wants to try on next.
That's right people, hot pink feather boa high heals for my 2 year old!!!  I was a little concerned after I saw the "variety" of shoes what they may imply however I was reminded that they are just for dressing up and playing.  Thankfully she doesn't love them so much that it's a battle to get her out of them.  She's easily distracted these days. 

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Wait another year, she'll want to wear them out of the house! I pick my battles with Cameron. (Being almost 4 and very persuasive) The other day, he begged me to wear his WHOLE Ironman "outfit" to Wal-Mart. So there we were, in Wal-Mart, all dressed up. Oh and he had on cowboy boots too.