Friday, July 2, 2010

1st trip to the beach, part 1

For my birthday weekend, mid-May, we met a dear friend of mine and her family at their bay house in Rockport.  Kate and I have been great friends since college and I love that we have kiddos around the same ages.  She got about a year head start.  She has two boys, Wyatt and Weston.  Wyatt will be 3 in September and Weston will be 1 in September so our kids will be a year apart on both ends.  

Be prepared for picture overload.  I have a hard time choosing which pictures to include soooo I just put them all in there.  A picture's worth a thousand words...if that's the case, here's a million words. 

 We drove down there on Friday night so we could have all day on Saturday and Sunday.  Well when we woke up Saturday morning it was POURING.  I'm not sure if you can tell how dark it is in the glass behind Hailey but it was raining hard.  Thankfully we were prepared.  Kate seems to have found the largest box of crayons known to man.  So the kids colored while we made breakfast. 

After quite some time of being cooped up in the house, we decided to go out on the porch while it continued to rain.  Hailey has never really like watermelon before but I think I was just doing it all wrong.  I always cut it up in little pieces rather than leaving the rind on.  Well since Wyatt was eating like this she decided to give it a go. 
She wasn't real sure "how" to eat this.  At one point I saw her trying to take a bite out of the green rind which was followed by a scrunched face and a "yucky".
This picture was really just to show the cool contraption that Weston is sitting in.  For all you moms out there, check this out.  It's a "high-chair" that just slips over any chair and is cloth so you can just fold it up and go!!! Genius!!!  Most of our family lives in other cities so we were always packing up Hailey's high-chair to take it with us.
Look at that sweet face.  Patiently waiting for his lunch in his little harness. 
So the front and back porch were both pretty big.  The best part was that the back porch was completely enclosed with a gate.  The kids loved playing back here. 
We had to get Hailey her own bucket of water.  Wyatt had a little fishing lure, no hook of course, that looked like a fish in a bucket of water.  Well let's just say it was challenging for both of them to get their little hands in there to play.
Later on that day, yes the same day that it stormed, the boys went fishing while the girls layed out by the pool and the kids napped.  I don't have any pictures but we were out there an hour and I got the worst sunburn I've ever had in my entire life!!  It was so bad that I couldn't walk the next day because the skin on my legs was so tight.  It was awful!  Anyways, this was just right outside the gate of the condo patio. 
The place had a pool too that the kids had a blast in.   Before we left Austin, we got Hailey her 1st life jacket.  She loved it.  We couldn't get her out of it without a fight.  She would drop to the ground anytime we tried to take it off of her.  Safety first!!! 
The boys were successful at catching dinner!  Don't ask me what this is... all I know is it was dinner. 

No comments: