Monday, July 5, 2010

Baby Girl #2

I generally don't post without pictures.  I just assume people are only coming here to look at pictures of Hailey or perhaps a funny tale here and there.  But I feel it necessary to start talking about Hailey's little sister that is cookin' away. I will be 30 weeks this week.  We have a ton of sonogram pictures buuut that would require me to scan them in.  I feel lucky at this point to be catching up on posting. 

For those of you with more than one little one, did you all wait until much later to get everything done or is it just me?  I finally went to pay for the furniture yesterday.  The funny thing is, I was hoping it would be about 2 weeks or so before it would ready for us to pick it up...oh no.. it's in stock now.  Normally that would be great but we have no where to put it yet!  Our guest room will be the baby's room and Hailey's birthday is this weekend.  We're waiting until after this weekend to move everything out so my mom has somewhere to sleep while she's here.  Then we still have to paint!  I'm starting to stress a little.  We also don't have a name yet.  The first time was hard but now you have the challenge of making sure the names go together too.  Everything is coming along fine but I am starting to feel the nesting urge and can't nest because we have "stuff" in the way of my nesting! 

Oh, I have also decided to take on about 3-4 crafty projects in the midst of everything else.  I found some fabric that I just fell in love with for the bedding.  I kept looking online for sets and couldn't find anything I liked as much as the fabrics.  So I found a seamstress to make the bedding.  Well she wanted to charge more than I was willing to spend so I decided to have her make the bumper and I'll make the bed skirt.  Then while I was looking on line for "how to make a bed skirt" I found a ton of other super cute ideas that I have set in my head that I will be making.  My project list now has: bed skirt, crib sheet, contoured changing pad cover, possibly curtains, (hoping to find something out of the box that works with the colors though), burp cloths AND a very detailed art project for the wall.  Oh, and if I have enough time an adorable initial pillow. You know, once we decide on a name.  I guess there's one upside to not having a name picked out yet.  Now, I can't promise anyone that this list will be complete prior to sweet baby girl #2 making her arrival but that sure would make me feel better. 

Enough rambling for today.  I'll try to some how post some sonograms pictures of Hailey's little sister soon.  Thanks for listening.  I feel better now. 

4 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Wow 2 girls! Welcome to the club:)

Sarah said...

Preparing for a baby is soooo much fun! I wish that we lived closer - I'd love to craft with you! :)

We had a really hard time coming up with a name the second time around, too. I feel your pain, sister! I have no doubt that y'all will come up with something super cute!

Ashlee said...

I know I don't have two kids, but I have lots of friends with more than one. I am pretty sure this is normal... the waiting until the last minute thing :) I wouldn't worry too much, sis. I think with the first baby its different, it's new. You are a busy mom and you will find time, if you want, to get everything made. If not, Pottery Barn kids rocks :) Nesting is funny- clean out a closet or something. It will make you feel better :)

Unknown said...

LOL! Your so silly! You know that your super-mom! It'll all be OK! Love you and admire all that you do for your family! xoxo