Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Visit to the Austin "Zoo"

A few weeks ago we decided to try out the Austin Zoo.  The Meriam-Websters definition of a zoo is "a parklike area in which live animals are kept in cages or large enclosures for public exhibition", so by definition it was in fact a zoo but you sure could have fooled me.  Good thing she's not even two, cause she still had a blast.  It was a nice HOT afternoon so all of the animals, (all twenty of them) were sleeping away the heat.  She pointed at all of the animals she could find and said, "dog". 

We found a little area by the monkeys and stopped for a snack and a few pictures. 

Side note: sorry about the horrible quality of the pictures.  I can figure out why they are showing up this way. 

Notice the free range chickens in the back ground.  Hailey was all about those chickens!!








I know it may sound like I didn't have a good time but I really did.  It was so fun to watch Hailey take it all in. 

No comments: