Wednesday, October 7, 2009

1st Haircut

Sorry I'm all over the place with the blog. This post should have been before her car seat pictures as you can tell from those that she already had her haircut... oh well. At least I'm posting, right.

Back to the important stuff. A week or so after Hailey's birthday we decided it was time to cut her hair, at least what was in her face. I had planned on taking her somewhere to have it cut until I realized she "just needed bangs". This is something I can do. Well, if you remember from the pigtail post... I am no hairstylist nor have I ever really had bangs, (at least not since I was old enough to style them myself).

All that said we sat her in her highchair and strapped her in. I wet her hair and grabbed a pair of scissors. I combed it all forward, (again I've never had bangs as an adult) and the cutting began.

Snip, snip
"Wow mom!!! That sure is short"
Do you notice how far above her eye brows her WET hair is?!?!
"What have you done to me?!?!"
I was very sad after I was done but I figured, every kid has a bad hair cut at some point in there lives. (My mullet is second grade. Thanks mom!) Might as well knock it out early, right.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh Tara, you make me giggle! That sweet little face could pull off any hair do, for sure!