Thursday, February 24, 2011

Projects

So a while back, (way back when I was pregnant).  I talked about all the little projects I created for myself to complete prior the baby coming.  Well.....I've done some of them.  I finally (9.29.10) finished the crib skirt.  It was a big 'ol pain in the fanny.  I found a great website that had a tutorial for a pleated crib skirt but oh no, their's was just not good enough.  I couldn't just have one fabric for the pleat and one for the other non-pleat...Do you know how hard it was to line up the sections!!!  Then I made the front too short so I had to improvise and add the pleat fabric on the corners.  Well, here is the finished product.  Despite everything, I was very pleased with myself.


Oh, but the story does not end there my friend(s).  I have now finally finished the crib skirt!  YAY!!!  So I go to put it on the crib... and low and behold YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE THE FLIPPIN' PLEATS!!!!  That's right ladies and gentlemen, all that hard work with no sleep... for pleats that you cannot even see!! Oh well, whatdaya gonna do?!?! 


As for the other projects, the peacock for the wall is in the finally stages 2.24.11!!!  I did make quite a few burb clothes and a blanket or two.  I've come to really enjoy it and will soon be opening an Etsy shop!!!  More to come on that. 

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

What a great job you did! How do you find the time?!? Looks great!