Thursday, September 24, 2009

No more snuggles...

After reading my cousin's amazing blog, I thought of a story that I needed to share.

At Hailey's new day care they teach them sign language. One of the signs she's learned is "please".

Every night before bed I would take Hailey into her room and rock her for just a few minutes so I could get some good snuggle time in. Well... the other night I went in to rock her in her chair which is right by her bed. She was all but jumping out of my arms reaching for her bed and signing "please". : ( How could I argue with that?? It broke my heart. That was one of my favorite times of the day!! So now I'll carry her in there and squeeze her and bounce her in my arms before I put her to bed.

Thankfully she does still snuggle, it's just not like it use to be.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

"Amazing blog"??? What?!?! You're too kind.

Your sweet girl loves her bed - that's awesome! Such a precious memory...

Clayton never liked to rock, so I am just thankful that Drew will snuggle with me right now. I know that it probably won't last much longer. I'm just enjoying it while I can. :)